March 16, 2019
09:00 - 17:00
Tactical Emergency Casualty Care (TECC) is a 2-day, 16-hour course which teaches EMS practitioners and other prehospital providers how to respond to and care for patients in a civilian tactical environment. It is designed to decrease preventable deaths in a tactical situation. The course presents the three phases of tactical care:
- Direct Threat Care that is rendered while under attack. or in adverse conditions.
- Indirect Threat Care that is rendered while the threat has been suppressed, but may resurface at any point.
- Evacuation Care that is rendered while the casualty is being evacuated from the incident site.
The following topics are covered during the course:
- Hemorrhage control, including wound packing and junctional tourniquets;
- Surgical airway control, supraglottic airways, and needle decompression;
- Strategies for treating wounded responders in threatening environments;
- Caring for pediatric patients;
- Rescue techniques, including drags and carries to get victims to safety.
There are many hands-on practical applications and scenarios, so participants will need to dress appropriately. There will also be use of simulated blood and wounds.
For non-MLSS employees, please submit your payment in the amount of $250.00. Textbooks are available for loan for MLSS employees and available for purchase at jblearning.com or wherever books are sold. The Prehospital Trauma Life Support (Military Edition), 8th edition, is available for approximately $86.00 at retailers.
Space is limited.
This course is held Saturday, 03/16/2019, and Sunday, 03/17/2019 from 0900-1700. Attendance of both days is mandatory for course completion.
Venue: Ulster Hose Co. #5