Mobile Life Support Services has provided exceptional patient care for the communities and facilities we serve for almost 35 years, and our Quality Improvement (QI) Department is committed to maintaining that tradition. Our QI team evaluates our EMS providers to ensure the quality of the care they provide, and both identifies and coordinates the delivery of any required medical education necessary to aid them in providing excellence in patient care.
The oversight of the QI team is far-reaching and covers:
- Adherance to all medical and operational protocols and compliance with the standard of care.
- Accurate and thorough medical documentation
- Appropriate usuage, recording, and disposal of controlled substances.
- Basic and Advanced Life Support essential skills competency monitoring, including:
- Advanced Airway placement
- Pulse Oximetry and End-Tidal Capnography Monitoring
- Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP)
- Portable Ventilators
- Medication Facilitated Intubation (MFI)
- 12 Lead EKG recognition and interpretation
- Infusion Pumps
- The QI team collects, analyzes, and publishes the results of the data they have reviewed on a monthly basis, which can include targeted focus studies on any aspect of patient care.
The MLSS QI team is comprised of:
- The MLSS Quality Improvement Manager
- The MLSS Quality Improvement Coordinator
- The MLSS Medical Director and the Associate Medical Director
- The Quality Improvement Peer Review Committee, comprised of Emergency Medical Technicians, Paramedics, and Paramedic Supervisors, The Committee meets monthly for case reviews.