The following is a listing of the comprehensive benefit package that all full time members of our team enjoy:
- Medical Insurance Coverage for individuals or families.
- Vision Plan & Dental Insurance
- Employee Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program for staff and family members.
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Personal, Sick & Vacation
- Paid time off buy back
If you do not use your paid time off MLSS will buy back a portion of it from you during eligible buy-back time periods.
- Health Club Reimbursement
MLSS will reimburse your health club expenses up to $200 every six months with documentation of active enrollment.
- Annual Raises
- Yearly merit raise based on an annual performance review.
- Longevity Raises
- Biennial raises based on accumulated seniority (in addition to any annual merit raise)
- Annual Raises
- Holiday Pay
- Full time employees guaranteed 5-8 hours overtime per week
- Unit Hour Utilization (UHU) Bonus
- Paid bonus for qualified high call volume shifts
- Training & Education
- Free training for MLSS employees
- NYS DOH BEMS EMT and Paramedic refreshers programs
- Internet based CME-based EMT and Paramedic Refresher Programs
- BCLS, ACLS, PALS, AMLS, PHTLS, CEVO, GEMS and other specialty programs
- Field training and essential skills review
- Additional supplemental disability insurance coverage available for part time and full time employees
- Tuition Assistance (TAP)
- Funding available for eligible MLSS EMTs to complete Paramedic certification through a number of local community college programs.
- Professional growth opportunities
- Special Operations Response Team
- Field Training Officer
- Tactical EMS Team (Paramedic)
- Paramedic Supervisors
All current administrators and supervisors at MLSS began as field providers