The MLSS Emergency Communication Center (ECC) is responsible for the coordination and dispatching of all MLSS ambulances and emergency response teams to both Emergency 911 EMS calls and to non-emergency requests for service. The ECC is a secondary Public Service Answering Point (PSAP) for the Orange County 911 Communication Center, and is electronically linked to the Ulster and Dutchess County Emergency Communication Centers.
Emergency Comm. Center Operations and Equipment
• Can support up to seven (7) ECC dispatchers and consoles
• Each console utilizes a Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) system capable of identifying all call locations and determining the closest five (5) available MLSS units to respond to the call location.
• All MLSS ambulances are equipped with Automatic Vehicle Locators (AVL) that link to the CAD system via satellite, and update the unit’s physical location every six (6) seconds. Each unit is Wi-Fi equipped enabling them to receive and transmit electronic data to the ECC and the MLSS servers.
• The AVL/CAD system continuously displays every unit’s location, speed, and crew compliment. All data is electronically archived and is immediately available for future playback when and if necessary.
• The ECC can transmit via multiple UHF and VHF frequencies with both area 911 Communication Centers and all field assets.
• The ECC is in a secure climate controlled locstion, and has both emergency generator support and cellular telephone back up.